Playing With Boogie Men
It’s time that we talked about playing with boogie men.
Animism is a complimentary dualistic spiritual path. That means that light and dark are partners. We only have day because of night as everything exists on a continuum.
For example, at the equinoxes, day and night are equal length. At the solstices, day or night are at their peak strength. So, there is never any time when one is ever absent.
When we apply this to the spirit world, this means that all spirits are not “good” or “safe.” If you flirt with the darker or slower vibration ones, you could get into serious trouble.
Now, I hate religions that use fear to control you. This is not that. This is just about shining a light on potential danger so that you learn to walk in the world with knowledge and respect.
Here are some examples of when you’re possibly playing with boogie men.
You Might Be Playing With Boogie Men If…
- you’re playing with a Ouija board, having seances, doing automatic writing, or evoking spirits. Generally speaking, all of these things involve calling in unknown spirits and opening yourself up to connect with them. This doesn’t mean anything bad will happen. It just means negative consequences could result if you don’t know how to protect yourself. It’s like going up to a stranger and striking up a conversation. You don’t know who is on the other end!
- you think there is something negative in your home or office, and you agree to co-exist. We are energy. We are influenced by the energy in our environment. If you share space with negative energy – human or otherwise – it will eventually bring you down. If you think you have a problem, call someone who is experienced to help with it. It’s a kindness for all involved.
- you find a curse online or in a book and follow the directions. First of all, what you send out comes back to you, so this isn’t a sound practice. Second, people train for years as an apprentice to learn the ins and outs of this type of work. If this is the type of thing that calls to you, learn what you are doing so that you can do it responsibly. Otherwise, you’re contributing to the problem that many of us are trying to fix.
- you attend plant ceremonies with strangers. Know your facilitator. Know your group. When you are in a space where everyone is open, vulnerable, and purging, you don’t know what is in the room with you. You have to trust that the facilitator has vetted the participants and can handle what comes out on an emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual level.
- your “manifesting” includes targeting someone as a love interest, or targeting their partner to get him/her out of the way. Anything that interferes with the free will of someone else is out of bounds. It’s a violation of sovereignty and invites bad juju.
- you make it your mission to “banish” or “cast out” evil. If you succeed in removing a negative entity, it just moves on to someone else. It’s like sweeping dirt outside. It may have cleaned this space, but it’s still outside. This type of energy needs to be transmuted. If you don’t know how to do that, leave it to someone who does. Trying to “help” if you’re not qualified often generates more problems.